History

In 1512 Château Mukhrani became the estate of the prince of the governing royal family Bagrationi. Mukhrani region was the intersection for several trading routes making it an important strategical and economical stronghold. When Mukhrani was established as the prince’s estate Mukhranbatoni was added to the royal Bagrationi name. 1,500 families lived in 56 villages on the Mukhrani estate.

In 1876, Ivane Mukhranbatoni royal family representative and political and public figure of 19th century Georgia returned  from France with the chateau winemaking concept and since then the estate’s own winemaking history began.